Last Updated: September 16, 2020
This website is owned and operated by Magna Life Settlements, Inc. (“Magna“, “we“, or “us“),
At Magna Life Settlements we respect your privacy and appreciate the trust if you have placed in us.
How We Collect Your Information
Information You Provide
We collect any information that you provide us when you use the Service.
- Registration. When you register for the Service, we will ask you to provide your legal name, email address, physical address, phone number and in some cases the last four digits of your social security number, and/or date of birth. We will also request that you provide additional Health Information and Financial Data through documents that you authorize us to collect on your behalf.
- Health Information. In order for us to provide life settlement related services, you are required to provide us Health Information including Health Information maintained about you by third-party health care plans and/or providers you have, or had, a relationship with. We will only collect this Health Information from these third parties with your authorization.
- Communications and Other Interactions. We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team. We will also collect any information you provide when you otherwise interact with us.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Service
We may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Service.
- Device and Usage Information. We receive information from your device, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version (to the extent applicable), and unique device identifiers. We may also collect and store your browser settings and preferences. We receive information about your interactions with our Service, such as the time spent interacting with content and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our service providers may collect information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your computer or other Internet access device. Cookies enable us to personalize your experience on the Service, maintain a persistent session, passively collect demographic information about your computer, and monitor other activities. Our website may use different kinds of cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage).
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about and from you for a number of service related purposes, including: the facilitation of life settlement transactions, improving the Service, analyzing how you use the Service, and better tailoring our Service to you and your retirement needs.
We use your information to communicate with you. For example, we may send email to the email address you provide to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management or customer service.
We may use the information we collect for marketing purposes, such as providing you with promotional materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your prior opt-in consent to send you electronic marketing communications.
Compliance with applicable law and our own obligations
We may also process the information we collect about you or from you for the following purposes: (i) to enforce our Terms or other legal rights, including intellectual property infringement; (ii) as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and (iii) to comply with industry standards and our policies.
We may de-identify your information and process it in an anonymous and/or aggregated form for other purposes than described above.
How We May Disclose Your Information
Service Providers & Life Settlement Brokers
We may share your information with our vendors, service providers, and other third parties that perform services on our behalf. To the extent you seek services related to your existing life settlement plan, we may disclose your information, including your Financial Data and Health Information, with life settlement providers.
We use third-party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about your use of the Service. We do not share your information with these third parties, but these analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on the Service and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites.
Ad Network Providers
We may also allow ad network providers to set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies to collect information about website use. These network advertisers may use this and other information they have collected about you to deliver targeted advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your use of the website. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt-out of some network advertising programs that use your information. To do so please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Opt-Out Page: http://optout.aboutads.info.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures
We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against or respond to physical, financial or other harm, injury, or loss of property; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
We reserve the right to transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
We may also disclose your information with your permission. In addition, we may share anonymous and aggregated reports with third parties.
Your Choices And Rights
How We Hold And Protect Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Service over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
How To Contact Us
Magna Life Settlements, Inc. – Customer Service
835 West 6th Street, Suite 1400
Austin, TX 78703